- Download and install Java 2 SDK V1.3: Go to Sun's Java website and download the
Java 2 SDK V1.3 for the operating system that the product will be
using. Follow the instructions on the website to ensure that the
compiler and runtime environment work properly
- Copy program files to local writeable drive: Copy all the
.java and .class files to a local directory. All saved
files should be kept with the program to ensure that different versions
of the program don't try to share the same save files.
- Compile the program: Compile the CSim.java class. For
PC's using Windows 9x or NT, go to the MS-DOS Command Prompt. Change
the directory to the directory where the program is stored. Then type
in java CSim.java. If the compiler works, it will simply
process for a while, and then bring a new command prompt up.
- Run the program: Execute the CSim.class file. This is
accomplished on a Windows 9x or NT maching by typing java CSim
after step #3.
- Recompiling all classes: If the program has been compiled
once, but now some changes have been made to the code, it is best to
recompile all the classes. This can be accomplished by erasing all the
old classes and compiling the program as normal. To delete all the
classes under a MS-DOS prompt, type del *.class.
For more detailed installation information, please see the user's manual.
Template created by G. Walton (
GWalton@mail.ucf.edu) on August 30, 1999 and last modified on
August 15, 2000.
This page last modified by Michael Wales (Mag7Rule@aol.com) on December 10, 2000.